18g and 14g are quartz. 16g and 12g are Pyrex (borosilicate). GWS retainers are meant to hide piercings but are not intended for athletic use. (While they are very strong, they are glass and can break.)
Right bends are meant for piercings in the left nostril and vice versa. Straight can be worn on either side depending on personal preference.
You can choose from wearable lengths of 1/4", 5/15", or 3/8". This is roughly equivalent to the thickness of your nostril piercing and also a matter of personal preference.
IMPORTANT POINTS ABOUT GLASSWEAR STUDIOS JEWELRY, PLEASE READ.
- Glass body jewelry is hand made of natural materials, so gauge, length, color and design may vary. Such differences are NOT considered a defect.
- For colored glass, smaller gauges are often lighter in color.
- All GWS jewelry is sized to the millimeter. Gauges are approximate.
- For items that come in pairs, you can expect that you will receive a pair of jewelry (including each individual piece within the pair) that is within .5 mm of stated size for jewelry up to 1/2" gauge (12.5 mm) and within 1mm of stated size for jewelry larger than 1/2" gauge. If you receive a pair that is not an EXACT match, please know that is the best matched pair available.
- For Jellyfish, Mushroom, and Flame plugs, single flare 8g - 2g will be in "ball" flare style, and 0g and larger will be in the standard dome front style. Every gauge of double flared will be in the standard dome front style.
Adding your own review is easy! Select all the attributes, such as gauge and size,
of the jewelry you are reviewing, then click the "Submit review" link above.